background img

Trendy News

iPhone WLAN Preference :


iPhone WLAN Preference :
-----------------------------


I have two WLANs in my home – one for blizzard and another for my home internet connection. 


Depending on what I am doing I occasionally connect my iPhone to my home network (to control iTunes, connect to other home devices, etc) but for the majority of the time I want it to be connected to blizzard.


The problem is that the iPhone seems to ‘prefer’ my home network, so I am constantly having to re-select blizzard or tell the iPhone to forget my home WLAN and reconfigure it again when needed.


Two questions:


- Is there any way to force an iPhone to prefer one network over another when both are configured and available?
- Is there a logic as to why it prefers one rather than the other now (SSID, MAC address, etc?) so that I can fiddle things for blizzard to be more preferable?




Feedback from Customer whos facing the same problem:
----------------------------------------------------


Tell it to connect to blizzard and “forget” the other one, and then disable auto-connect


That’s what I have now. This means I have to re-configure my home WLAN when I need to connect.


What I am looking for is either a way to have both configured but set one as a greater priority or to understand why it *always* 
prefers my home network instead of blizzard. If I understand the order, perhaps I can change the network configs so it always prefers 
blizzard.


Anybody got any ideas?


One of the things I hated about the iPhone, never found a fix for that when I had one.


I ended up not using it much on blizzard, so I killed that one and only used my home wifi.




I have a similar setup at home, the only difference being that I have alpha, not blizzard, at home.
 For me, the phone always reconnects to the one that I told it to connect to last time. So I never need to go 
into settings except for the times that I’m switching from alpha to home or from home to alpha WLANs. Not really 
sure how I got this behavior. I have “Ask to join networks” set to off. 




So it autoconnects to your home network without any knowledge of the home network security keys and with autoconnect disabled?


No, I have security credentials configured for *both* networks.


The (annoying) behaviour is when I leave the house and return, the iPhone *always* prefers my home network instead of blizzard. 


Yes, I too would like to have this feature. A simple “default network” option would do the trick just right, or order of preference of which network to connect to... not really rocket science...


Still, there might be a cydia tweak or an apple store app that allows this... I haven’t come across anything yet, if anyone has please let us know!




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts